Here is the thing with Therapists: You have to like them, to want to talk to them, and to feel like all the information you are spewing isn’t going into a big black hole.
I don’t think I will ever be best friends with mine (thought I would want to be, are there rules against that?), but I leave there after ever session feeling recharged, rejuvenated and armed with realizations and tools to truly make my own life better each day.
When you find a good one, they are life-changing. When you have the wrong one, it feels unsettling, like you lost the last piece of a 500 piece puzzle.
My head hurts as a result of happy hour with the girls last night. We started at Fleming’s for their “5 for 6 ’til 7” which pretty much translated to me downing 3 martinis in 2 hours and being buzzed before 7 pm last night.
Then I got home at 1 am and woke up with this shitty feeling in my stomach.
Oh the joys of not knowing the meaning of moderation.
So I have been up since 7:30 am checking on blogs and stuff and found the cutest wedding video ever.
I just sent an email to my brother with the very same link and about every other word spelled wrong. I would expect more from me too.
Today is going to be hard.
I was thinking a lot this week about what feels like home to me. I think this changes as my life changes, but this last weekend really encompassed a lot of the little items that make me feel or think about home.
1. Political or smart conversation around the dinner or breakfast table.
2. Best friends visiting. They just get you. She even bought me tank tops from the American Apparel sale when she was out shopping and I was at brunch with my family!
3. Clothes on my bed. It’s a standard, and I don’t see them going anywhere anytime soon.
4. Swim practice. Burying my head in the water for an hour feels like home for my body.
What feels like home to you?
5. Nasal spray. Gross but Amen, all at the same time.
4. Someone slightly older than me at work, that does what I want to be doing. She is awesome for career advice and pep talks.
3. Not being hungry during the expensed lunch at work, meant that I got to take my food home for FREE dinner!
2. Gatorade. Yummy.
1. Downloads- and to hoping they work. And for IT departments- for fixing them when they don’t.
5. We ran hills. I’m pretending to be graceful about it.
4. I drank hard for St. Patrick’s day, and all I can say is Amen. It was about damn time.
3. Ms. Dash Teriyaki Marinade on chicken. Awesome. Edible. Delicious.
1. The patience to deal with a crazy time suck at work.
4. going out with girlfriends.
3. baking for girlfriends.
2. dinner with girlfriends
1. Really appreciating the fact that they love you, and they probably won’t ever leave you.
I hate your boyfriend. And yours.
If your friends hate him, and your mother thinks you could do better, he has got to go.
Be a woman and dump the loser.
***disclaimer: understandably easier said than done.