My head hurts as a result of happy hour with the girls last night. We started at Fleming’s for their “5 for 6 ’til 7” which pretty much translated to me downing 3 martinis in 2 hours and being buzzed before 7 pm last night.
Then I got home at 1 am and woke up with this shitty feeling in my stomach.
Oh the joys of not knowing the meaning of moderation.
So I have been up since 7:30 am checking on blogs and stuff and found the cutest wedding video ever.
I just sent an email to my brother with the very same link and about every other word spelled wrong. I would expect more from me too.
Today is going to be hard.
I was thinking a lot this week about what feels like home to me. I think this changes as my life changes, but this last weekend really encompassed a lot of the little items that make me feel or think about home.
1. Political or smart conversation around the dinner or breakfast table.
2. Best friends visiting. They just get you. She even bought me tank tops from the American Apparel sale when she was out shopping and I was at brunch with my family!
3. Clothes on my bed. It’s a standard, and I don’t see them going anywhere anytime soon.
4. Swim practice. Burying my head in the water for an hour feels like home for my body.
What feels like home to you?
Have I told you about my second-job?
I did it, I landed weekend work- to go with my weekend boyfriend and my weekend workouts.
I hope my weekend friends won’t mind. Kidding, kinda.
Anywho, I have dedicated Saturday & some Sunday mornings to teaching little ones how to swim. Supermans, blowing bubbles and neon rings now have an official spot in my life. Odd. I never saw it being this way.
But it is worth it to have a little extra money coming in, and a little extra worry going out.
Hey guys! Look what I was awarded from the one and only IntrigueMe from Quarter for her Thoughts: SUNSHINE! I will get onto passing it on next week, but for now a little grace to send some sunshiney thoughts your way.
5. Awards! Love ’em. Love that there were even more great bloggers she gave awards to. I love finding new reading material!
4. Spending all weekend in the desert on a camping trip. 80 degrees, people.
3. Possible getting a smidgen of a tan. Pretty please?
2. Job interview tomorrow AM. I will let you know how my hunt for the most humbling job ever is going.
1. The flat tire on my car, because it meant that I had an excuse to go to Costco and eat a hot dog. Sparkpeople hates me, my tastebuds love me, and my budget didn’t even mind because I only spent a buck fifty!
I want the will power to visit my mom and not get in a fight. I want the will power that when she screams, I respond calmly and don’t fight back.
I want the will power to not disagree when it really doesn’t matter.
I went to sleep last night at 7:30 pm, and woke up feeling like myself again.
I went to workout (and got my ass-handed to me by an awesome instructor) this morning.
Today I am going to hang out with a group of girls I hung out with before Refuses made an appearance, and I can’t wait to have fun with them again.
I am moving on today, demanding my old life, my old me back, and getting out of this funk.
From here on out I will be working out like I used to, eating like I just worked out, making plans like they are all mine, and living like my heart has never been bruised.